Sunday, January 22, 2012

Menu Planning Monday



We had the most delicious pork roast tonight. After putting the roast in the crock pot I added Worcestershire and chicken broth. I put a simple seasoning of Celtic sea salt and Mrs. Dash as well as some minced garlic. Then, I sprinkled a little brown sugar over the top of the roast. I cooked it for 8 hours. Can I just say that the gravy was the most delicious I have ever had? Oh yeah! I make a simple rue with butter and flour, then add the drippings. I could almost drink it. Not really. However, I am looking forward to having some leftovers.


Monday: Grilled chicken (leftover from Saturday)
Tuesday: pork roast (leftover from Sunday)
Wednesday: mahi mahi
Thursday: pesto shrimp
Friday: take out before regional auditions for Rachael
Saturday: date night
Sunday: homemade pizzas before Rachael's family birthday party


Don't forget to check out organizing junkie for hundreds of menu ideas.

No comments: